Regional HR Officer
|Current Job Vacancies
|13 December, 2023
|Regional HR Officer
- Manage complex employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinary, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy
- Apply HR and business knowledge evidencing appropriate decision-making skills
- Advise regional managers on the terms and conditions of employment and knowledge share best practice with them
- Helps in developing HR policy and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes
- Training needs analysis and implementation of learning and development policy
- Provide first-line advice on current and existing benefits for employees and managers
- Administer payroll and payroll records and keep accounts appraised of any changes
- Provide advice on recruitment and selection strategies, and support the recruitment process – this may include writing job descriptions and preparing interview questions and application forms etc.
- Carry out new starter inductions and maintaining a smooth onboarding process
- Manage talent and succession planning
- Continuously monitor and review HR policies and processes and suggest implementing changes where necessary
- Carrying out necessary administrative duties
- Creating clear and concise reports
- Giving helpful and engaging presentations
- Maintaining and reporting on workplace health and safety compliance
- Handling workplace investigations, disciplinary and termination procedures
- Maintaining employee and workplace privacy
- Leading a team of junior human resource coordinators
- Support change management processes
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organization
- Master’s degree with above 2 years or Bachelor’s degree with above 3 years in relevant human resources/administrative position.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills are required together with proven leadership capabilities and solid knowledge of employment legislation and its application.
- Proactive team player with strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced in developing and supporting line managers through change.
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy is crucial.
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team.